Holly took the lead on bringing paleo treats yesterday. To prime the pump here is a recipe we made recently. Send yours and we’ll post them.
Rosemary Basil Salmon
2 fillets (whole side, with skin on) about 3 pounds salmon or steelhead
Juice from 1 lemon
1/4 t Salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
2 t fresh Rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1 bunch Fresh basil cut into thin strips
- Place fillets skin side down
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon over the fish (1/2 lemon per side)
- Rub salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary into the fillets
- Brush fish liberally with olive oil
- Spread basil shreds evenly over the fish. I used a lot of basil because it shrinks when cooked, and I love fresh basil.
Bake the salmon at 400° F for 16-18 minutes and let rest a few minutes before serving.
Serve with veggies. We just used a bag of prepared stir-fry veggies cooked in olive oil with soy sauce.
Workout of the Day
5 Rounds of:
5 Box Jumps (24/36″)
5 Overhead Lunges (25/45#)