Sweet Potato Hashbrowns with Chicken Sausage
As we continue our quest for Nectar and Ambrosia– the food of the gods, we present our most recent paleo recipe: Sweet Potato Hashbrowns with Chicken Sausage. I like to eat this with a couple of sunny side up eggs, or these hashbrowns go well alone. It stores well in the fridge for a few days and can be easily reheated for lunches on the go. The roasted cumin gives a nice, mild flavor to the sweet potatoes, but you can probably use regular cumin just as easily.
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 large Walla Walla sweet onion, chopped
2 pounds Sweet Potatoes, shredded
1 pound Chicken or Turkey smoked sausage (we used Aidell’s Chicken and Apple)
2 teaspoons Roasted Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Fresh-ground Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chopped onion in the olive oil until it begins to soften
- Stir in the shredded sweet potatoes, continue to flip as needed to keep them from burning
- Slice the sausage into 1/4″ slices
- When the sweet potatoes begin to brown, add the sausage, roast cumin, pepper, salt and nutmeg
- Continue flipping the mixture until the sweet potatoes are softened and browned.
- Serve warm