Slow Cooked Corned Beef Recipe
Corned Beef has become an American staple for St. Paddy’s Day. All meat and veggies make this a relatively healthy recipe.
To make a paleo version, you could substitute broth for the ginger ale (but it tastes amazing with it!) You can also make this using a normal brisket cut and add Pickling Spice. Around St Patrick’s Day you can buy corned beef briskets with the spice packet included.
The horseradish mustard sauce
3-5 pounds Corned Beef brisket (with spice packet)
1 large Onion, cut into wedges
6-8 Red New Potatoes
2 lbs Baby Carrots
1 head Cabbage, sliced into 1″ wedges
1 cup Ginger ale
1 cup Water
1 cup Sour Cream
2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
2 tablespoons Spicy or Deli-style Mustard
We always make extra sauce. It’s great on sandwiches and any leftovers!
- Combine the ginger ale, water and spice packet
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray
- Cover the bottom with the potatoes, cabbage and onion
- Rinse the corned beef and pat dry
- Place the beef in the slow cooker on top of the potatoes and onions
- Pour ginger ale and spice mixture over the beef and veggies
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Add the carrots for the last 2 hours of cooking
Serve the beef and vegetables with a dollop of the horseradish mustard sauce.
For faster cooking, you can brown the beef before placing in the slow cooker.